Many practitioners don’t realise the power of their content. They will just write about whatever topic comes to mind, or tick off a list of things they should write about. Sometimes they might cover very different topics to their area. But what I want every health professional to know is that writing the right content can attract the right clients.
Why you should be writing the right content
When done right, writing content can be a powerful tool for attracting what I call your ideal client. The ideal client is in your niche, and is willing to invest in their health.
Writing the right content also repels the wrong clients. The clients who want to negotiate on your fees or get free consults? Or the clients who are in an area you have no interest in? Those are the clients we don’t want you to attract. By targeting your content, you can avoid these people.
The more time a client spends on your website, the more likely it is that they will end up on your booking page. So by sharing content that piques their interest, you boost the chance that they will book in.
It can also help people to associate you with an area. For example, I have friends who don’t need help with health writing content. But any time they see someone who does, you know who is at the top of their mind! Word of mouth referrals go through the roof when you consistently share information related to your niche.
How to write the right content
So how can you use this to attract the clients that you want in your clinic? Here are my top tips to get you started:
- Give away plenty of information for free. People are not going to pay you for information – they will pay you for support and personalised care. And the people who just want the information will take it and DIY.
- Brainstorm topics that are going to be of interest to your ideal client.
- Interview people who are your ideal client about what they might like to learn about your modality.
- Use the topics you’ve gathered, and then write a good blog post about each of them!
- Have a call-to-action at the bottom of each post. If the reader doesn’t know the next step to take, they might not know how you can help them further.
If writing the right content has you lost, you don’t have to go it alone.
My VIP writing program gives you the best of both worlds, so I can help you create the content your audience wants to read. To learn more, head here.
Want more health writing tips & tricks? Pop onto the mailing list here, and get blogs (plus other goodies) delivered straight to your inbox every fortnight!